Headaches And Migraines
If you are suffering from a headache or migraine, then it is important that you get it assessed by one of our Physiotherapists at APC in Cranbourne North, to determine what the underlining causes are, so that you can become pain-free and reclaim your life.
What types of headaches do our Physiotherapists treat?
Headaches can come in lots of different types and forms. Some of the common ones that we see are:
- Pain around the forehead
- Pain in the temples
- Pain behind the eye(s)
- Pain at the back of the head
- Pain on top of the head
It is important that you get your headache(s) assessed to determine exactly where they are coming from so that they can be treated. Otherwise, they will keep coming back. Some people spend thousands of dollars buying medication that only covers up their headache pain and does not treat the cause. The Physiotherapists at Advance Physio Clinic will get to the bottom of your pain and resolve it for you.
The patients we have seen have described their headaches as:
- Vice like pressure pain
- Dull ache
- Lancinating: sharp, knife-like pain
- Burning pain
- Constant or intermittent and many more
Do you suffer from Migraines?
A migraine is really debilitating. It usually renders you useless, as you feel the need to lock yourself away in a dark room, away from light and sound. It may cause you to vomit and/or feel really dizzy and the pain may be running down into your neck and shoulders. You may also have a stiff and painful neck which prevents you from moving in one or more directions. If you are suffering from any of the following:
- Seeing flashing lights – visual auras
- Photosensitivity – sensitivity to light
- Photosensitivity – sensitivity to sound
- Dizziness and nausea – sensitive to movement
- Tinnitus: ringing in the ear
- Red bloodshot eye
- Teary eye/s
- Disturbed vision on the affected side
You may be classified as suffering from a migraine.
If you have been suffering headaches and/ or migraines on and off for years your problem most likely lies within your neck. The nervous system in the upper neck is so sensitive to stress, that it will generate the headaches and/or migraines you are experiencing whenever it is irritated. A Physiotherapy assessment at Advance Physio Clinic will locate the cause of your headache and/or migraine and determine which part of your neck needs treatment.
The things that can irritate your neck are:-
- Sitting still and looking at a computer screen
- Poor posture includes slouching with your chin poking out
- Tension in your shoulders from stress
- Looking down repetitively or sustained
- Turning your head to one side more than the other
- Any imbalance in your movements
At Advance Physio Clinic we can find the cause of your headache and/ or migraine/s and eliminate them. We will then teach you how to prevent them from coming back.
So, if you are suffering from any of the pains mentioned above, give us a call on 5995 7060 to arrange an appointment and don’t forget to make use of our ‘New Patient Deal’.